College Entrance Requirements
The following are general guidelines of required courses for freshmen applicants planning to attend a Washington State public four-year college/university:
- English– 4.0 credits: At least 3 of which must be in composition and literature.
- Mathematics– 3.0 credits: This includes algebra, geometry, and algebra II or advanced algebra/trig.
- *The senior year schedule must include a math course or a math-based science course.
- Social Studies– 3.0 credits: These 3 credits need to be in history or social studies.
- Science– 2.0 credits: This includes at least one full year in biology, chemistry, or physics. (WWU requires chemistry or physics). It is strongly recommended that students planning to major in a science field complete at least 3 years of science.
- World Language– 2.0 credits: This must be in the same language.
- Fine, Visual, or Performing Arts– 1.0 credit: Please verify individual college/university admission requirements
**It is the responsibility of students to verify that their PHS classes meet the institution’s criteria for admission.