Parking Permits pride
Parking for the 2016-17 school year will be offered at a first come, first served basis for Juniors & Seniors ONLY.
Student vehicles operated and parked on school grounds, must have a valid parking permit.
You may obtain a Parking Permit form to register your car in the Attendance Office. After your form is completed, return to Attendance Office and they will direct you to the ASB Office to pay your parking permit fee. Parking permits cost $5.00 per student.
Reference: School Board Policy 3240—Procedure Students
The student use of vehicles is a privilege, not a right. BGPS provides transportation for students to and from school at no cost to the student/parent. Student vehicles operated on school premises are subject to the following regulations as summarized here:
- School rules and local and state traffic laws must be followed.
- Vehicles driven to school must be registered, and a parking permit must be showing on the vehicle. Permits are not transferable.
- Vehicles not displaying a parking permit are subject to a warning and/or being placed on the fine list for a parking permit. Repeat violations may result in disciplinary action and/or loss of parking privileges.
- Students must park in designated student parking areas on the school grounds. Students parked in staff, visitor parking, or handicapped zones may lose parking privileges or face discipline.
- The driver of the vehicle is held accountable for the conduct of anyone in the vehicle, or for items that are in the vehicle.
- The school district is not responsible for any damages/theft which may occur to/in vehicles.
- Any student in the parking lot or in someone’s vehicle without permission is subject to discipline.
- Students are not allowed to drive other students’ vehicles without the registered owner’s permission and the student’s own parent’s permission.
- Additional information on regulations and policies can be found on the document “Vehicle Registration Agreement”.